15. Gregariousness Is An Element Of Health
Humans are social creatures. To achieve our highest level of happiness and well-being, we must belong to a group or circle. We must be in association with others in some manner. Sheer aloneness or being forsaken is deadly to well-being. Even the mental giants amongst us suffer. There are very few Robinson Crusoes.
Our requirement is for associates with whom we can identify. In this day of specialization we tend to restrict ourselves to circles that run along cultural, occupational or special interests. In rural areas neighbors are the basis for associations even though occupations may be different. In large cities cultural pursuits and special interests may be the basis for associations and, more so, occupational lines.
While people can survive rather well alone if they develop some consuming hobby or pursuit, most people are not capable of this within today’s society.
You’ll do well to probe the social life of your clients. Lack of social life in any form can be a detriment to welfare. Likewise, people of dour dispositions can adversely affect those with whom they associate. It may be a case of “not what’s wrong with you but who’s wrong with you.”
Encourage your clients to participate in social activities in conjunction with friends or acquaintances.
- 1. A Survey Of The Lesson
- 2. Cleanliness Is An Essential Of Life
- 3. Temperature Maintenance
- 4. Sleep Is An Essential Of Life-The Role Of Sleep In Life
- 5. Food Is An Essential Of Life-The Role Of Food In Health
- 6. Exercise And Activity Are Essential To Well-Being
- 7. Rest And Relaxation Are Essential To Health
- 8. Sunshine Is An Essential To Health
- 9. Recreation And Play Are Health Essentials
- 10. Emotional And Mental Well-Being Are Necessary To Health
- 11. Assurance Of Life And Its Means Is Necessary To Health
- 12. Pleasant Environment Is Necessary To Well-Being
- 13. Creative Useful Work And Its Role In Life
- 14. Self-Mastery Is Necessary To Best Well-Being
- 15. Gregariousness Is An Element Of Health
- 16. Motivation: Having Purposes Or Causes To Serve
- 17. Expression Of Natural Instincts Relative To Health
- 18. Aesthetic Well-Being
- 19. About This Survey Of Life’s Essentials
- 20. Questions & Answers
- Article #1: The Importance Of Body Temperature by Dr. Herbert M. Shelton
- Article #2: Are You Suited For Health? by Mike Benton
- Article #3: Mental And Emotional Poise by Lee Bauer