Article #15: Wolf! Wolf! by V.V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C.
Wolf! Wolf! cry the media. Then everybody runs as fast as they can, including Hygienists and some Hygienic doctors.
There were too many people becoming vegetarians, so something had to be done to scare them away from this healthful and unprofitable practice. The animal-exploiting industry was probably behind the study which was done on the Vegans in England, and other studies that were done here in America and elsewhere.
Hygienists, vegetarians, and Vegans are all in a dither because of the newspaper stories in the regular media about the dire consequences of a strict vegetarian diet. Some are buying dulse. Some are eating brewer’s yeast; some are taking vitamin B12 supplements; and some are eating meat, cheese and eggs again because they are actually afraid.
Why should they be afraid? I’m not the least bit afraid. Our principles are either right or wrong. They have worked for Hygienists for over a hundred years, so how can they be wrong? I’ve seen these principles properly applied succesfully over and over again in pernicious anemia and other so-called “deficiency” diseases and I know for sure it is not the principles that are wrong.
We are going to devote much of this issue of the Review to exposing the vitamin B12 hoax. It must be done because unfortunately people will allow themselves to be tossed about like houses in a tornado instead of realizing that Hygienic principles are not wrong.
When the vitamin B12 scare occurred and the media kept telling us we couldn’t get our vitamin B12 from the diet to which we are anatomically and physiologically adapted, I immediately suspected something. To myself, I said: “If we can’t get vitamin B12 from our foods, or if bacteria cannot manufacture it in our intestinal tracts, then everything we are fighting for and everything we believe in is untrue. If we have to go out and become a coprophagous (manure-eating) animal and eat inadequately washed vegetables to secure our vitamin B12, then Hygiene as a science is invalid. We are either frugivores or we are not.”
Since numerous scientists for the past 200 years have shown us that we are primates, and that fruits, vegetables and nuts are the proper foods for people, then the fault lies elsewhere.
Dr. Shelton is not able to keep everybody in line because he is busy writing a book. He has not been keeping up to date on some modern issues.
Somebody has to help prevent people from being scared by the wolf call every time the medical profession, the meat packing industry, and the purveyors of so-called health foods cry “wolf!” So I’m going to do it.
For all those who will listen, I’m going to do my best to uphold the principles of Natural Hygiene in the future. This does not mean that our growth will be stifled as some claim simply because we stick to Hygienic princples. To insult Hygienic principles merely because they were discovered years ago is as foolish as casting aside Newton’s Law of Gravity because it was discovered years ago. The passage of time does not invalidate truth. We are going to look for the real cause of the problem and place the responsibility where it really belongs. We will get rid of causes instead of palliating symptoms with supplements.
For those people who are in doubt about Hygienic principles, I suggest that you study Hygiene more thoroughly. If it is wrong in this one instance then the whole system is wrong—and the whole system is not wrong.
- 1. The Principle Hygienic Concern Is Optimal Health
- 2. The Best Fuel For The Human Body
- 3. Flesh Foods Cause Degenerative Disease
- 4. Vegetarianism Receiving More Attention
- 5. The Evidence Is Mounting
- 6. Modern Methods Accentuate Risks
- 7. Eating Low On The Food Chain
- 8. Meat-Based Diet Presents Complex And Grave Nutritional Problems
- 9. A Healthful Diet Without Meat
- 10. Vitamin-B12
- 11. Recap
- 12. Questions & Answers
- Article #1: Osteoporosis: The Key To Aging By Robin Hur
- Article #2: Vegetarian Mother’s Milk Safer
- Article #3: Booklet Review – Meat And The Vegetarian Concept, Part I
- Article #4: Booklet Review – Meat And The Vegetarian Concept, Part II
- Article #5: Scientific Vegetarian Nutrition
- Article #6: What’s Wrong With Your T-Bone Steak? By Alvin E. Adams, M.D.
- Article #7: Fishitarian Or Vegetarian? The Difference Might Be Fatal! By Bob Pinkus
- Article #8: The Facts About Vitamin B12 By Robin Hur
- Article #9: Wolf! Wolf! By V.V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C.
- Article #10: The Vitamin B12 Hoax By V. V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C.
- Article #11: It’s A Lie! Vegans Are Not Lacking In Vitamin B12 By V. V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C.
- Article #12: A Normal Source of Vitamin B12 By V.V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C.
- Article #13: Well! You Wanted to Know! By V. V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C
- Case History: How We Suddenly Became Vegetarians
- Dark Humor: Rigor Mortis on the Dinner Plate