Raw Food Explained: Life Science
Today only $37 (discounted from $197)
3. Food And Short Or Long Life
Even though there are many debilitating influences that prove detrimental to our populace and cause our brethren much suffering, nothing looms so large in individual degeneration as dietary practices. In no other area do we flaunt our biological disposition so flagrantly. Therefore it is appropriate that you become steeped, in nutritional science and concern yourself most intimately with the feeding practices of those whom you serve.
3.1 Food—Our area of greatest deviation from natural norms
Of all the human deviations from correct biological observation of our needs, no perversion is so deviant and destructive as that which Americans undergo in their dietary practices. Our physiologically correct diet as frugivores is a diet of fruits eaten in the delicious ripe raw state. Many of us are deficiency minded and feel the fruit diet inadequate even though it is not. To qualm such feelings, the addition of a few vegetables, nuts and seeds adds an extraordinary amount of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and proteins to nutrient intake. Not that fruits do not supply all our needs and better, it’s just that a psychological need is met. What do we find our brethren eating? What contributes to their pathology more heavily than anything else?
- About 45% of the average American’s caloric intake consists of fats. Most of these fats have been heated, fried, chemicalized, refined and otherwise rendered harmful, even carcinogenic. Humans are not a species of fat food eaters. In fact, fats are handled rather poorly even in their best natural form as in seeds, nuts and avocados. Untold pathology results from this eating proclivity including obesity.
- A substantial amount of the American diet is of animal products including meat, milk and milk products. Most of the American intake of fat is involved with animal products. Humans who eat products derived from animals are indulging in the most pathological of the perversions for, in addition to being biologically wrong in its fresh raw state, it is even more disease-producing in its processed, fried, cooked or fermented states.
- The average American partakes of cooked foods. All cooked foods, to the extent they have been cooked, are deranged and fail to supply nutrients to the extent they have been degenerated. As Professor Kouchakoff of Switzerland demonstrated in the late 1930s in over 300 carefully conducted experiments, cooked foods beget pathological symptoms within an hour or two of eating, especially leucocytosis.
- The average American has many poison habits, among them being a predilection for salt, pepper, vinegar, spices, peppers, seasonings, dressings and other toxic and pathological condiments.
- Most American adults indulge in one or more drug habits. Prominent among these are coffee, alcoholic beverages, theobromine, theine, beverages containing caffeine and other toxic additives, flavorings, colorings and stimulants, tobacco, etc.
- Most Americans eat breads and other grain products to which we are not biologically suited to cope.
- Beans and other legumes form a significant part of the American diet. As eaten, legumes (including peanuts) are pathogenic. This is readily evidenced by gassy emissions and indigestion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables comprise about ten per cent of the American diet but many eat heavily of fruits and vegetables while many others eat little or none. While fruits and vegetables comprise a much larger percentage than this, most of them have been so deranged by cooking, processing, canning, etc., that they are pathogenic rather than life-enhancing.
3.2 Biologically correct foods eaten raw are true elixir
There are no real elixirs. There are no miracles. There is no magic. There is normal and abnormal—right and wrong. Because most Americans are so addicted to wrong habits of eating, a return to natural and normal eating practices results in such dramatic improvements as to be proclaimed miraculous. Our natural dietary consists of delicious fruits. All else is deviant and either less than ideal or downright pathogenic.
For our purposes, we may regard the fruitarian regime the elixir of life, but only because this is the greatest single improvement that can be made in our lives.
In getting clients on to the fruitarian diet, you can suggest that they try a purification diet. Of course this is merely an semantic entree, for they’ll soon enough learn that fruits do not purify or cleanse the body per their reputation but that, on the contrary, they are handled so efficiently that more body energies can be devoted to cleansing and healing. Fruits do not yield up toxic debris which other foods do. Hence the results of fruitarianism are true rejuvenation. Fruits are the true elixir of life insofar as there may be said to be one.
3.3 Cooking among worst treatments of our food
Among the worst curses Americans have visited upon themselves is that of cooking. Not only is it a gross evil in itself but it is often the agency that makes palatable that which should never be in the diet in the first place.
These are two primary evils that cooked foods wreak upon our bodies:
- Foods that have been partially, mostly or wholly destroyed and deranged by cooking deny needed nutrients to the body. Heat has altered nutrients so much the body cannot make use of them.
- Nutrients that were formerly usable have been transformed into coagulated, caramelized and inorganic debris that not only cannot be used, but which are toxic and pathogenic.
A host of other evils flow from cooking which in large measure destroy our human potential for health and longevity.
3.4 Toxic fare—Condiments
If cooking may be said to ruin our foods, condiments are ruined even if eaten raw. The American proclivity to use stimulants and flavor modifiers is rank, rampant and pathological. Foremost among the condiments that help destroy health are salt, herbs, spices, pepper, vinegar, gravies, dressings, sauces, seasonings, etc. The ingredients which vitiate the human intestinal tract and body are:
- Oils and fats. All refined and extracted oils and fats, from whatever source, whether raw or cooked, are unwholesome in the human diet. If cooked, their hydrocarbons are carcinogenic.
- The “acid kick” sought by most Americans because of their jaded palate is usually realized by adding vinegar to foods or condiment concoctions. Vinegar partially or totally vitiates food digestion. As bad as the food may have been, indigestion is far worse. Little enervates so much as poor digestion. Every case of indigestion worsens health. Even lemon juice combines so poorly with most foods that it ruins digestion.
- Herbs added to foods or condiment concoctions (recipes) are toxic in themselves. What we call herbs today are not eaten for their food value but for their excitation of the taste buds. Peppers, spices, basil, onions and garlic, chives, mints, paprika, bay leaves, oregano and a long list of other agents are toxic in themselves and contribute to poor health by themselves no matter how eaten, cooked or raw. Some of the foremost toxic elements of herbs are capsicum and cayenne from peppers, and allicin and mustard oil from garlic, chives, onions and lily family members. All herbs have some poisonous component.
- Salt, the foremost condiment, offers not one virtue. It is indigestible. It is absorbed as salt, held in a briny solution as salt (the body then needs extra water to retain this salt), and is excreted as salt. Not only can the body not digest and make use of salt, but this pernicious substance destroys cells and fouls up vital body processes. A tablespoon of salt eaten on an empty stomach is enough to kill most people outright.
3.5 Toxic fare – recreational drugs
While condiments may be said to be recreational drugs because of the “kick” they give, there are drugs partaken of strictly for their kicks. Among these drugs are tobacco, alcohol, coffee, chocolate, teas, sodas, beverages, marijuana, cocaine, opium, heroin and other so-called hard drugs. Drugs prescribed and nonprescribed are often taken as recreational drugs. Among these are tranquilizers, amphetamines and so on.
Americans often lament why so much misfortune and suffering should befall them. While making their utterances, they are often active in some drug habit that is contributing heavily to their problems.
3.6 Toxic fare – wrong foods
Anything put into our bodies other than that to which we as frugivores are physiologically equipped to handle is more or less toxic fare. It is either toxic of itself or it is of such a character as to pose difficulties that lead to enervation and toxicosis.
The dietary errors of our times embrace both types of violations—not only is wrong fare usually intrinsically toxic, but also burdens the system so much that enervation results as well.
Foods which we do not digest well tax the system and lead to an enervated state, especially when these foods interfere with or prolong sleep as they often do. Troubled sleep denies us regeneration of normal nerve energy.
Ordinary cow’s milk, for instance, which is touted as such a perfect food, is quite toxic in the average human intestinal tract because we do not have the enzymes rennin or lactase with which to digest it. Thus lactose and casein are toxic themselves and, because of bacterial breakdown, beget toxic by-products.
Most foods of today have been cooked, preserved, processed and prepared in such a manner as to either add and/or create toxicity—not that they wouldn’t have been good foods in their natural state.
Potatoes, for instance, are a third-rate food—still quite high on the scale, with very conservative cooking. But, with the addition of heated oils in cooking, they become rather saturated and indigestible.
Both the oil and the potatoes thus become sources for pathogenic substances.
3.7 Haphazard food mixtures generate toxic products
Combining foods indiscriminately often involves meals of incompatible foods. Most Americans eat sweets, proteins, fats and starches at every meal. Statistics show that over half the meals eaten in America result in intestinal discomforts due to indigestion.
When indigestion occurs, bacteria take over and decompose the various food components. The byproducts of bacterial decomposition are quite toxic, these being acetic acid, lactic acid and alcohol in the case of carbohydrates and ammonias, purines, skatols, indoles and other deleterious substances in the case of proteins and yet others in the case of fats.
When the foods eaten in bad combinations should be omitted from the human diet even if eaten alone, the situation is worsened.
The perpetual assault upon human well-being from this source alone is enough to create considerable pathology and shorten life.
3.8 Guidelines for more nutrients and less toxicity from eating
The more foods we consume of our biological adaptation, the more nutrients we derive. Foods which we are biologically equipped to efficiently handle are readily digested and their nutrients swiftly absorbed. They offer no toxicity inasmuch as our digestive enzymes breakdown every component that could offer problems. Fruits are the only category of foods that fill this bill ideally.
When we eat ideal foods in an uncomplicated manner, we obtain their goodness and create no problems. This is conducive to health which is a prerequisite to prolonged youth and long life.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Achieving Natural Life Potential
- 3. Food And Short Or Long Life
- 4. Factors That Shorten Life
- 5. Exercise And Vigorous Purposeful Activity As Life Essentials
- 6. Mental And Emotional Factors In Living A Natural Life Span
- 7. Happiness, Enjoyment And Pleasure As Factors In Realizing Life Potential
- 8. Questions & Answers
Raw Food Explained: Life Science
Today only $37 (discounted from $197)