Article #3: The Negative Power of “If” by Charles M. Simmons
There are many proven laws that govern the human relations and personal management of one’s life. There are laws that govern negative effects as well as positive effects, but all of them are based on the actions of “cause and effect.” When certain conscious thoughts and subconscious attitudes cause a person to do certain things a certain way, the end result will always be the same. In fact, the result can be predicted, even before the action starts. This “cause and effect” action in human living is inevitable.
The presence of the word “if,” when applied negatively in your life, is an example of the power of such laws. When you say, “If I had certain abilities …” or, “If I could be a certain kind of person …” or, “If I could do what I want to …,” you are telling the world that you have a daydream with no plan for making it a reality. You are automatically letting a negative law affect you. A dream with no plan for action means that nothing will happen. Nothing can happen because you block out action through the power of a negative attitude. “If,” when used this way, means “No,” “Never,” “Can’t.”
However, “If” can be changed from a black, gloomy word to a bright red-letter word by coupling it with the words, “I do.” This puts you under the influence of a positive law. When you say, “If I do certain things, I will get what I want,” you are expressing both a “dream” and a plan for making it come true.
Excerpt from Stop Cheating Yourself.
- 1. What Do You Mean By “Change In Lifestyle?”
- 2. The Need To Inspire The Client
- 3. The Practitioner Presents The Plan
- 4. The Client Must Be In Charge
- 5. What Kinds Of Changes Are Required
- 6. Outmoded Beliefs And Superstitions
- 7. I Can!
- 8. Questions & Answers
- Article #1: The Great Awakener By Dr. Herbert M. Shelton
- Article #2: Overcoming Compulsive Habits By Stanley Bass, D.C.
- Article #3: The Negative Power of “If” By Charles M. Simmons
- Article #4: Excerpt from “In Tune With the Infinite” by Ralph Waldo Trine