Article #1: The Great Power Within You by T.C. Fry
The following is based on the writings of the great Natural Hygienist, health educator and true Life Scientist, Dr. Herbert M. Shelton.
Living organisms are fully self-sufficient and self-governing entities. Supplied appropriately with the needs of life, they thrive in perfect health, completely free of disease.
From conception all living organisms are endowed with a built-in program for a full, fruitful and joyous life.
Living organisms are self-programmed to meet all life’s needs within environments of their adaptation.
All living organisms are self-directing, self-constructing, self-defending, self-preserving, self-maintaining and, in the event of injury or illness, self-repairing or self-healing.
The healing principle is always in the living system itself.
The only power that can heal is the power that repairs; the only power that can repair is that power that produces; the power that now produces is the power that originally and always produced. The power that constructs a full-grown individual from a fertilized ovum is the only healing power!
Healing is, therefore, a continuous, unceasing and exclusively intrinsic power of every organism.
The power that produces an organism and keeps it alive and functioning is the only power capable of governing, maintaining and healing it.
Mastering and relying upon this great power within will yield a life of bliss and goodness with complete freedom from ailments and suffering.
The simple, self-evident truth enunciated in this article embodies a long train of guiding principles that can enable you to avert miseries, woes and suffering.
Knowing your tremendous inner capabilities frees you of many burdensome illusions and provides a key to true life enhancement.
Recognizing the truth and implications of this lesson’s text is the basis upon which you can immeasurably improve your life and its circumstances.
Recognizing the fundamental truth outlined herein sets the stage for fulfilling the obligation you have to yourself and fellow beings, that of reorienting and reprogramming yourself for superlative well-being.
The Need For Reprogramming yourself
Standing in the way of total well-being for all too many who otherwise have the knowledge, the understanding and the dedication to achieve their highest potential are many ingrained bad habits, physiological addictions and erroneous concepts.
“Tis better to be ignorant than to know so much that isn’t so.”
Humans are creatures of habits. Habits are conditioned responses which we rely upon for personal efficiency. We spend many years from infanthood on learning responses to many thousands of situations and circumstances.
With set response patterns we do not have to go through time-loss and trouble in solving problems anew every time we face them—we humans solve our problems once and for all and adopt the solutions as fixed and automatic responses known as habits. When situations reoccur, we unconsciously employ our habit patterns.
That many of these habits amount to error fixation and that our accommodations to many of these habits amount to life-destroying perversions gives rise to the need to reprogram ourselves.
Most of our habits are learned from people who learned from others back into the murky reaches of time. Habits are always adapted and employed in accord with our own peculiar abilities.
Likewise, we learn most of our concepts and misconcepts from others and adopt them in the shape or fashion our individual peculiarities dictate.
Habits are wonderful, for they are the foundation upon which our advanced human attainments have been built. As the most programmable beings in existence, we have more “conditioned responses” to carry us through more and greater complexities than other creatures in existence. By and large, our habits are constructive and get us along in this world remarkably well.
On the other hand, there are many “klunkers” in our personal armentarium that sabotage our well-being.
Thus it follows that we can perform no better than the limitations of our self-programming. Our programming is at the same time our boon and our bane. To the extent that it guides us correctly, it is a boon. Insofar as it locks us into wrong conceptual frameworks, perverted outlooks, unwholesome practices, vitiated and antisocial dispositions and many other self-defeating characteristics, programming is a bar to our well-being.
It is unfortunate that most or all of us are incorrectly attuned to a greater or lesser extent in many of our life programs.
But we are fortunate in that we, like computers, can be reprogrammed for better performance and more rewarding results.
If you want to capitalize upon the colossal potential within yourself, then you must reprogram yourself.
Reprogramming yourself is difficult because you will be burdened heavily by the weight of previous conditioning and the drives, good, bad and indifferent, which initiate and impel your activities.
You’ll have to dispel a lot of myths and superstitions which infest your concepts and burden your thinking processes. What you take for granted is difficult to overcome. But you must and can do so.
To reprogram yourself for a better life on a higher plane of existence, the first order of business is to admit to yourself that you could harbor a lot of beliefs and practices that are responsible for your and your fellow beings’ generally poor condition and overall suffering.
We all know mental anguish and frustrations. These will flow from lives not led in accord with the course our innate nature decrees.
You can reprogram yourself to understand and practice the course you must follow. You can avoid those pitfalls that hamper you from assuming the position on the pedestal that all humans should occupy.
How To Reprogram Yourself For Superlative Well-Being
Following are the steps necessary for the ordinary person to become a Life Scientist, that is, to become an individual who conducts his or her life activities in accord with the dictates of the human biological heritage:
- You must come to an awareness or knowledge that all is not right in this world of ours, or even with yourself. While almost everyone is self-satisfied that he or she has the answers to life’s and society’s great vexations, the generally deteriorating condition of almost everyone seems to be self-evidence against such smugness. Therefore, you must be willing to admit to holding many erroneous notions. We do not perceive our errors and often reject the truth when faced with it, but we must, first, cultivate an open, receptive mind.
- You must seek knowledge and understanding with open arms. That you are reading this is in your favor. In seeking knowledge with the perspective of understanding, that is, wisdom, you’ll be dependent upon your ability to master ideas and concepts.
- You must seek knowledge, nonetheless, if you want to better your life situation. It is essential for correct reorientation. The fundamental principles, if applied on an individual and social scale, will salvage humanity from its depravity.
- You must master an insight and understanding of what you learn—in your cosmogony you must fit all the parts and pieces of your knowledge such that you have perspective; it all must make good sense.
- You must become the absolute master of your personal activities and circumstances. You must be willing, to the extent need dictates, to snap all ties with existing habits, intellectual stances and practices, no matter how deeply imbedded or how dear to you they may be.
- You must be willing to end all fealty to anything that you believe, if need be. Keep in mind that the use of the word believe is a confession of ignorance, for it is not necessary to believe that which you know. To insist upon what you merely believe, may be insisting upon ignorance and misconception. Face up to the fact that many of your beliefs may be nothing more than myths and popularly-accepted superstitions that hamstring you.
- You must be willing to change your circumstances, if necessary, to effect self-reprogramming and to follow a correct life style.
- You must undertake and study the conditions of health and well-being. Your greatest task is not the one of learning so much as unburdening yourself of a lot of burdensome intellectual baggage.
- You must undertake to observe in your practices that which the truths you learn dictate.
- 1. What Constitutes Body Wisdom And Providence?
- 2. Cell And Brain Programming
- 3. Knowledge, Expertise And Resources For Healing Processes
- 4. Programming The Intellect For Exuberant Well-Being
- 5. Questions & Answers
- Article #1: The Great Power Within You by T. C. Fry
- Article #2: Life’s Engineering by Dr. Herbert M. Shelton