6. Summary Of Criteria Relative To Goodness
We have not given any weight to these considerations because the value of a food in the human nutritive processes is not determined by this factor. Because other factors considered herein are congruous to their goodness (alkalinity) or badness (acidity) we have let these other considerations stand.
There are many valuable nutrients in acid-forming foods, particularly in nuts. Conversely, there are many alkaline-forming foods that are of little use in the human diet. Therefore this criterion is ignored in our deliberations and ratings.
Let’s review the criteria for rating the value of foods. This time we’ll append the rating values for foods based on their usefulness in the human dietary.
|ENTRY NUMBER||CONSIDERATION||RATING VALUE|
|1.||TOXICITY||Minus (-)0 to 100|
|2.||EDIBILITY IN THE RAW STATE||Plus 0 to 10|
|3.||TASTE APPEAL (Deliciousness)||Plus 0 to 10|
|4.||EASE OF DIGESTION||Plus 0 to 10|
|5.||EFFICIENCY OF DIGESTION||Plus 0 to 10|
|6.||PROTEIN ADEQUACY||Plus 0 to 5|
|7.||VITAMIN ADEQUACY||Plus 0 to 5|
|8.||MINERAL SALTS ADEQUACY||Plus 0 to 5|
|9.||ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS||Plus 0 to 5|
|10.||FUEL VALUE||Plus 0 to 40|
- 1. Prologue
- 2. Necessity Of Different Approaches To Nutritional Science
- 3. Understanding The Role Of Foods In Nutrition
- 4. Edibility Of Foods
- 5. Other Food Qualities
- 6. Summary Of Criteria Relative To Goodness
- 7. Ratings Of Generally Available Foods
- 8. Questions About The Lesson
- Article #1: Are We Vegetarians Or Fruitarians?
- Article #2: Research Yields Bombshell Of A Surprise!
- Article #3: Are We Meat Eaters?
- Article #4: Are We Milk Drinkers?
- Article #5: Are We Grain Eeaters?