4. What We Have Learned Thus Far
Thus far, we have brought forth the following points for our students to consider:
- People do not know instinctively, as animals do, that abstaining from food can be helpful in acquiring a higher level of wellness.
- The rationale of fasting lies in a controlled diversion of energy flow from ordinary duties by keeping these to a minimum through enforced physiological rest, and then directing of all thusly spared energy resources by the autonomic nervous system to the area(s) where healing is most needed.
- The only real curative agencies are those decreed by nature. Fasting is such an agency, this fact being witnessed and confirmed by design and results achieved following its application!
- A fast is self-directed.
- All vital parts, including the brain, are spared in fasting, with the mind remaining clear, until cessation of all systemic activity.
- Following a prolonged fast during which the individual may be reduced to the skeletal structure, the body has the ability to reconstruct, and this in a more perfect manner than prior to the fasting experience.
- The salubrious results of fasting have been well-documented. Of this, clients need have no doubt.
- Not all fasters receive total recovery.
- While fasting can be a useful means of recovery in a wide variety of illnesses, it is not to be a panacea for all. We have, therefore, listed those conditions which are known to have been greatly improved when fasting was resorted to.
- Fasting is a means of removing cellular debris which when allowed to accumulate can produce certain adverse chemical and obstructive changes which can be destructive of a high degree of health.
- Pure water is essential to a successful fast.
- Fasting should not be considered as a "cure."
- Fear of fasting is widespread and, therefore, it is encumbent upon the practitioner to teach his clients about fasting because all anxiety, all worry and ungrounded fear can negate any benefit which might accrue to the faster. The mental condition of the faster must be positive for the fast to be successful.
> Lesson 93 - Teaching Your Clients About Fasting
P.S.If you would like to learn more about how to go raw and experience the
best health and vitality of your life, please subscribe in the form
below or visit Fit On Raw.
In addition to weekly raw food and fitness advice, you'll also receive my free report The 4 Principles of a Healthy Raw Diet and my 5-week mini-course The Fool Proof Transition to Raw just for subscribing: