Article #2: Real Houses Are Like Real People by Charles M. Simmons
Houses, REAL houses, that is, are very much like people. If you take a look at the houses in your community, you find quite an assortment, don’t you? You see some old ones, some new ones, some shabby ones, and some “smart-looking” ones. There are some you wouldn’t want to live in just because of their appearance on the outside. Others come closer to your choice, except that if they were YOURS, you would make a few changes. Some seem to have charm, while others lack it completely.
It is remarkable what a varied combination of houses make up a community, yet they are all made of the same basic materials. However, keeping that observation in mind, take a second look at those houses, and you will realize that there is another factor that is causing your varied reactions.
It is the amount of love and caring found in the homes, or not found in them, that is evident the moment you step inside. It doesn’t matter if the house is impeccably clean or has that “lived-in” look. These are only outward appearances, and provide no real measure of the family that resides there. We can feel at once whether the house vibrates and radiates love or emptiness.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. On Being Sociable
- 3. Health And Fitness Clubs
- 4. How To Advertise
- 5. Getting Prepared
- 6. Entertaining
- 7. Respecting Private Spacing
- 8. Expanding Local Contacts
- 9. Good Public Relationship
- Article #1: How to Be Socially At Ease
- Article #2: Real Houses Are Like Real People
- Article #3: An Excerpt from In Tune With the Infinite By Ralph Waldo Trine
- Article #4: Preparing A Dinner Party For Non-Hygienic Guests By Elizabeth D. McCarter, D.Sc.