4. How To Advertise
Type up an announcement of your meeting (or party, or hike, or class, or whatever you have decided to host). Use old letters. You can acquire a set of transfer letters of many different styles from a local office supply store. Using these or the typewriter draw up an attractive announcement of the first meeting, let us say, of the SMALL TOWN LIFE SCIENCE STUDY GROUP. Be sure to give time and place and include precise instructions as to how to get to your home or to the meeting room you have selected. Be sure also to include your telephone number so that interested parties can telephone for further details or directions. Use some intriguing phrase or information to encourage interest.
You may also be able to place an announcement of your meeting in a local newspaper. These are usually provided free of charge as a public service by newspapers.
Have several hundred flyers run off and place them in strategic spots throughout the community where you live. If the topic for discussion concerns health, you may find a welcome reception in health food stores. Sometimes librarians will post such notices. Ask various merchants to post them also. The idea is to contact as many people as possible over a sufficiently wide area. Exposure of the right kind will produce results.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. On Being Sociable
- 3. Health And Fitness Clubs
- 4. How To Advertise
- 5. Getting Prepared
- 6. Entertaining
- 7. Respecting Private Spacing
- 8. Expanding Local Contacts
- 9. Good Public Relationship
- Article #1: How to Be Socially At Ease
- Article #2: Real Houses Are Like Real People
- Article #3: An Excerpt from In Tune With the Infinite By Ralph Waldo Trine
- Article #4: Preparing A Dinner Party For Non-Hygienic Guests By Elizabeth D. McCarter, D.Sc.