Feeling uneasy to pose in short skirts, sleeveless attires and wear a swimsuit on a beach happens to people because of fear of being exposed with dark elbows and knees. Dark elbows and knees primarily happen due to their consistent movement which results in appearance of dark patches and the skin losing its firmness. There is no oil gland to control these areas, hence it becomes rough and hard with time.
Darkening of elbows and knees is also caused by factors like over exposure to rays of the sun, hormonal imbalance in the body, reaction of drugs on the skin, improper care of skin and ageing.
Dark elbows and knees do not require any medical attention rather with simple home remedies you can easily get rid of them. Some of the home remedies are as follows:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two pieces.
- Rub the lemon on elbows and knees where you have dark spots.
- Keep that area to dry for 20 minutes then wash it water, repeat this twice daily.
- You should apply moisturizer after washing.
It is the best remover of dark spots. It contains vitamin A, B, C and fiber. It also saves from harmful rays of the sun.
- Take watermelon and cut into four pieces.
- Remove the seeds and take a rind then apply on the dark spots.
- Keep it dry for a period of 30 minutes then wash it with cold water.
It has antiseptic properties, moisturizes dry skin and acts as bleach.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric and add 1 tsp of honey and milk.
- Make a paste by mixing all the ingredients.
- You should apply it on dark areas and leave it for 20 minutes then rinse with cold water.
It is a good source of exfoliation. Sugar contents can be applied on dark spots by making a scrub with olive oil.
- Take 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of sugar and blend it.
- Make a paste and apply this mixture on dark spots for a period of 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold.
Almonds lighten the color of the skin. It also provides good moisture content to the skin.
- Take powder of almonds in a container.
- Add fresh cream in the container and make a mixture.
- Gently apply the mixture on elbows and knees, and then keep it dry for a period of 10 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water, repeat this twice daily for a week you will witness changes in the color of your elbows and knees.
- Do not forget to apply moisturizer after the wash.
It is very useful in cleaning the dark spots on elbows and knees. It is also regarded as mild exfoliate. It contains multiple vitamins which help to restore the shine of skin.
- Take ½ cup of gram flour and ½ cup of curd.
- Make a paste of the mixture.
- Gently apply this mixture on elbows and knees for a span of 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat it regularly until you get a glowing and lighter skin.
It has inbuilt properties to clear the skin and restore its glory. Aloe has natural properties which clean the skin and is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory agent.
- Pluck fresh Aloe and squeeze its gel from the leaves.
- Apply the gel on the part of dark spots.
- Leave the part dry for a span of 30 minutes.
- Wash with normal water, repeat this daily.
The acidic nature of vinegar makes it perfect for removing dark spots. The acid of vinegar breaks up melanin which eases to fade away sun marks and other dark spots.
- Take 1 tsp of vinegar juice and 1 tsp of onion juice.
- Make a mixture of both the ingredients and apply it over dark spots.
- Keep it for 30 minutes then rinse with water.
The juice of potato helps to lighten and make the skin smooth. It contains natural bleach properties which help to remove scars and blemishes from the skin.
- Take 1 potato and exasperate it in a cloth to produce its juice.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to the potato juice in the same cloth.
- Apply the mixture on dark spots of elbows and knees.
- Leave it dry for 20 minutes and then wash it with cold water.
It is a very effective natural scrub. It removes the dead cells from the skin very easily.
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda and mix it with plain water.
- Make a paste of it and gently apply on your knees and elbows.
- Wash the mixture after a span of 10 minutes with fresh water.
- Follow this twice a week and you will begin to witness a change in the color of knees and elbows.
- Drink ample of water and be hydrated.
- Never forget to apply a sunscreen lotion before going out in the blazing sun.
- Apply dry peels of orange after drying it in the sun. It will make skin glow.
- The best way to get rid of from dark spots is to apply buttermilk over it twice a day.
- Take a banana and peel it. Then apply the peel on the dark spots, all the dark spots will vanish gradually.
- You can also apply papaya and coconut oil to make the elbows and knees softer. It will also reduce dark spots.
- You should always apply moisturizer on elbows and knees.
- Apply glycerin and rosewater on the dark spots on elbows and knees.
- you can also apply curd to lighten the spots on elbows and knees.