My adventurous spirit encouraged me to order a sample pack of Vegan Shakeology. Well, I decided to share my thought about it with you guys. My order consisted of two single-packs of chocolate and two single-packs of strawberry. I tried the chocolate flavor a few minutes ago.
It was delicious, but I noticed that it tasted better when I added a few leafy greens since I prefer a more “holistic” taste over a sweet taste.
I noticed that there are plenty of conversations taking place over social media about Shakeology. It seems almost like a fight between those who love it, and the rest who hate it.
For example reviews on other websites: 30 people gave 5*, 21 people gave 4*, 36 people gave 3*, 7 people gave 2*, 16 people gave 1*
Pretty confusing right?
To be honest, I was surprised at how many people were interested in my personal opinion. I know that many people have thought about trying at some point.
I really can’t blame people for having an interest in this product. After trying it, I am definitely hooked! In this article, I am going to cover the real reasons why I am happy about this product.
The Pros: Dairy-Free Nutrition, Diet-Friendly, Low Sugar
- It is low in calories (169 per serving), but it has the following essential nutrients: 9 amino acids, 15 grams of protein from raw sprouted brown rice, digestive enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, and “super food” ingredients for antioxidants.
- I love that it gives me enough energy to make it through the entire day. I feel pretty good. I usually get tired during the evening, but my newfound energy keeps me up at night. Will this make me a night owl!
- You will get plenty of antioxidants. Antioxidants will fight free radicals and help preserve your youthful appearance.
- It does not take a long time to prepare the shake. You can prepare this shake within three minutes or less. This is great for people who are always on a tight schedule. Please keep in mind that you will get the energy you need from each serving.
- I am going to save a tremendous amount of money. My husband knows that I love keeping our kitchen filled with exceptional super foods, super greens, and antioxidant powders. It doesn’t matter if they are in supplement or powdered form. Shakeology has everything you need to stay healthy.
- The vegan Shakeology can fulfill a wide variety of special diets. It doesn’t have top allergens (egg-free, nut-free, soy-free), and it seems to be gluten-free (please look at the dietary notes).
- The shake has an Ayurvedic herb. This special herb helps decrease stress after a long day.
- My cravings are satisfied. I love strawberry shakes that will provide all the essentials I need for my body. This is great when you consider that I live in an area that is well-known for harsh winters. My immune system needs to stay strong to fight off germs and viruses.
- It is low in sugar. It is imperative to point out that most sugars come from the fruit powder blend (pineapple, papaya, apple, banana, and strawberry) since the only added sweetener is stevia. When blended, the shake tastes like a pleasant dessert.
The Cons: Rice Protein Texture, Cost, Too Sweet?
- The shake has a “powdery” texture. This comes from the brown protein base. I’m really not a big fan of brown rice protein, but the texture smooths out in the blender.
- Shakeology strawberry is a little too sweet in my opinion. I believe they could have used less erythritol and stevia.
- Don’t look at this product as a cheap meal replacement. Many people cannot afford to buy it daily. It is worth the price if you can afford to buy it every day.
- The company puts plenty of information on the packet, but they fail to mention if it supplies your day’s essential vitamins and minerals. After doing my due diligence, I could not find this information. I am under the impression that the company adds extra ingredients to make the shake a better meal.
I tossed my Shakeology sample into my blender with a frozen banana, fresh strawberries, and unsweetened almond milk. It was a delicious nutrient-packed treat that left me craving for more.
I urge you to get the sample pack if you would like to give it a try. You can do this by clicking here and then click on “Shop”. There are a few options, so select the sample pack that captures your attention. I chose the vegan option, but vegan and whey is another option that may appeal to your taste buds. I must point out that whey has more flavors to sample as well.